Democrat and Chronicle interview

"I didn't think there could ever be such a wonderful exchange between bands and an audience. If I could grow five more arms out of my chest, that would be the most incredible thing. I was always taking and not giving back too much. Now I feel the exchange; it's a beautiful thing."
- Patrick Hallahan
(Democrat and Chronicle, August 2010)

Patrick Hallahan, Tom Blankenship at Outside Lands
photo by williammusic

On August 26th Democrat and Chronicle published an interview with Patrick Hallahan. In the interview Hallahan talks about the band taking a year off to rest and the activities he found to be calming during this year (golf and smoking meat, particularly slow-cooked pork). He also comments on the bands touring pace, how if felt to record Evil Urges and the difference between that session and upcoming album. Finally he comments on the band's true moment of ahhhh;

"Maybe 60 years from now when I'm sitting on the porch, far enough away from it... [changes his mind] A sunrise over Mount Fujiyama on a bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka. It was just such a moving, beautiful moment, personally and visually. I'm thinking, 'I'm on this train in Japan, doing what I love.' It hit all at once."
- Patrick Hallahan
(Democrat and Chronicle, August 2010)

More and source can be found here.


Posts containing quotes from the interview
Hiatus
Evil Urges
[new album]
The live music

No comments:

Post a Comment