Yim Yames - Coming soon

Coming soon
In a 2011 interview with the A.V. Club James confirmed that he was 80% done with the album and that he expected it to come out in early 2012 (AV). James also talked a little about how the album compares with My Morining Jacket.
"I think it’s pretty different, but there’s obviously similarities, just because it’s my voice."
- Jim James
(A.V. Club interview, May 2011)

Writing and recording
In the same interview James also comments on the writing and recording process, describing it as a seemingly laid back natural process.

"(...) a comfortably lounging around the house thing, doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I just love playing all sorts of different instruments, so I just wanted to be able to do that, and mess around with whatever I wanted to."
- Jim James
(A.V. Club interview, May 2011)

Compared to other projects
"[while] we could probably play any of those songs with My Morning Jacket. (...) Some of the songs have a genetic code or something. They tell me they want to be on a solo record."
- Jim James
(A.V. Club interview, May 2011)