The Music


Jim James 2007, photo by Julio Enriquez
"When pressed to explain my fanaticism for My Morning Jacket, or to argue the band's relevance, I pause: Like many a modern Southerner, I teem with fairly illogical aversions and often indefensible convictions. Just as my neighbor can't fathom anyone challenging his why aren't you saved? bumper sticker, I think: Who are these skeptics kidding? Is it not plainly obvious that My Morning Jacket is the greatest band in the world?"
- William Bowers, A Descent Into Fandom
(December, 2008)

Songs

Look up any and all (most) songs by the band, lyrics provided along with miscellaneous info including song length and/or comments from the band.

Songwriting
Read about the songwriting process.

The Live Music
The band comment on their live show, how they experience the exchange with the audience and touring in general, also includes links to festivals, shows and setlists.

Discography + DVDs
View the My Morning Jacket discography and check out specific albums, EPs or compilations.

The Sound
The band comment on the music and the sound, also includes links to reverb, influences and genre.

The Gear
Info and comments on the equipment used when recording and performing live, also includes links to omnichord.