CMJ New Music Report (2003)

"To me, reverb is the difference between heaven and earth and the difference between feeling like I could sing like the Righteous Brothers or not sing at all. It's something that makes me feel amazing and makes me feel so confident in the way I sound. I don't even like to sing at home without reverb. I don't like to sit in a bedroom - I like to sit in a shower or stairwell or silo or parking garage - sit with a four-track with tons of reverb on it. It just makes me feel right."

- Jim James
(
CMJ New Music Report interview, August 2003)

On August 11 My Morning Jacket was featured in CMJ New Music Report. In the feature the band talks about how the band creates its reverb sound, different kinds of reverb, why the band is so drawn to reverb and other reverb-y albums by other artists.


Posts containing quotes from the interview
Reverb





(CMJ New Music Report interview, August 2003)