Carl Broemel

Carl Broemel, Boing Boing video 2011
"I thought I'd be really neat to bring Carl along because he has such, y'know, beautiful wave of sound with the steel and his beautiful vocals, he's blushing over there, he's a beautiful man, he's a beauty."
- Jim James
(Morning Becomes Eclectic, October 2006)

Carl Broemel typically plays lead guitar, steel pedal and occasionally saxophone My Morning Jacket songs. He also does vocals.

Nickname: Snowy Bramble (EU), Kyle Bramble (Z)
Instruments: guitar, pedal steel guitar, saxophone
Social media: CarlBroemel (twitter), CarlBroemel (Facebook), CarlBroemel (MySpace)
Just one more thing:

In a 2011 Santa Barbara Independent interview Broemel talks a little about his upbringing, explaining how he was raised in a musical house and that music was always part of his world.
"My dad, he’s now retired, but he’s a professional musician, so I was kind of raised in a musical house. He was a bassoon player, so I was exposed to classical music first off. I played the violin and piano since I was a little guy. Then I was exposed to classic rock radio — I had an older brother who was into rock ‘n’ roll — and I eventually migrated to the guitar in junior high school. Music was just always around, it was part of my world, so I didn’t really try to become a musician until going from high school to college. People started asking me, ‘what are you going to do?’ and I figured, well, I guess I’ll get a music degree."
- Carl Broemel
Länk(The Santa Barbara Independent interview, June 2011)

Carl Broemel at Gold Coast Big Day Out, 2009, photo by kathleenjoyful
Influences
Coming soonish

Solo work
All Birds Say

"I've always been a song writer of sorts in bands when I was growing up in Indiana, so I've always had songs that come into my brain and I'll record a demo."
- Carl Broemel
(The Republican interview, August 2010)

On August 31st Carl Broemel released his first solo album, All Birds Say. In an interview with The Republican Broemel said that his move to the musically rich Nashville was central in his journey towards releasing his solo album.
"I started doing demos in Nashville in the beginning of 2005 and I've been assembling a batch of songs for four years here and there. After six or seven of them, I started giving them to people like Jim (James), our manager, all my friends."
- Carl Broemel
(The Republican interview, August 2010)

Other musical projects

Other appearances
November 22, 2009 - Carl Broemel and the rest of My Morning Jacket played themselves in an episode of American Dad entitled My Morning Straitjacket.

Mentioned