Featured or mentioned

Band featured


Music featured

TV-shows
September 1, 2008 One Tree Hill
The season six premiere of The CW's teen drama One Tree Hill was titled "Touch Me I'm Going to Scream" and featured the songs Highly Suspicious and Look at You.

Mentioned
Articles
October 24, 2010, Louisville.com
In an interview with Louisville.com LYO Music Director, Jason Seber said that: "For the past five years, MMJ has been my favorite band. Not only are they truly outstanding musicians who are eclectic and electric in both the studio and live on stage, they are also really true to themselves and to their roots."

May 14, 2009, Open Salon

Open Salon rock critic MJ Wycha called My Morning Jacket "the best thing to happen to rock music in years" in a May 14, 2009 article.


Books
May 22, 2010, The Mission by Jason Myers
Extract from the book The Mission by Jason Myers

Musicians
Dave Grohl, August, 2005, Spin Magazine
In the August issue of Spin Magazine Dave Grohl mentions My Morning Jacket when asked about what inspires him. "It's when you hear an album that inspires you to write and play yourself. It's just all about the shameless fucking naked passion. Like the (...) Or the first time I heard My Morning Jacket's At Dawn - it still makes me cry."

Actors
Zach Galifianakis, August 24, 2011, KCRW guest DJ project
In August 2011 Zach Galifianakis participated in KCRW's guest DJ project and among other songs Galifianakis picked Wordless Chorus. "Well, people don’t really understand that to sound good while you’re screaming is a real talent.  And I think Jim James, the lead singer, just is one of the great screamers right now.  And I used to go see them years ago, I saw them in Orange County opening for somebody, and again I was blown away by great they are.  Again, another live band…there’s 35 songs of theirs that I could’ve put on this list. (...) I mean, I never went and saw live shows and I see them now.  I guess I feel like I’m making up for lost time.  But yeah, I think this live thing…I just saw My Morning Jacket twice in the last month.  And I felt like a 13-year-old girl with head gear on.  I couldn’t believe how great it was.

 TV-shows
March 6, 2007, Gilmore Girls
In season 7, episode 17, about 29 minutes into the show, character Zach Van Gerbig tells character Luke Danes; ‎"Oh man, last night I made this mix of tunes that I thought would be right up your alley! You know new stuff that sounds kind of classic rock, My Morning Jacket who are like Neil Young"