Okonokos (DVD)


Interviewer: I’m not sure how to say it—Okonokos?
Jim James: Oh-kuh-NO-kos, yeah. I’m not one of those guys that’s really into pronunciation. I’ve got such a weird last name, I’m used to hearing people pronounce it all different ways.
- Jim James
(Vanity fair interview, May 2009)

Cover photo of Okonokos

On the 31th of October 2006 My Morning Jacket released concert DVD Okonokos, which was recorded during the band's fall 2005 Z Tour, during two nights (November 11-12th) at The Fillmore in San Francisco, California. The DVD was released on ATO records and runs for 118 minutes.

Track List
1. The Party
2. Wordless Chorus
3. It Beats 4 U
4. Gideon
5. One Big Holiday
6. I Will Sing You Songs
7. Lowdown
8. The Way That He Sings
9. What A Wonderful Man
10. Off The Record
11. Golden
12. Lay Low
13. Dondante
14. Run Thru
15. Xmas Curtain
16. O Is The One That Is Real
17. Steam Engine
18. Anytime
19. Mahgeetah
20. The Attack


"Then I wanted to add some other aspect to the film where, when you got it and you popped it in, you almost thought, Did I get the wrong DVD from the factory?"
- Jim James, talking about Okonokos
(
Vanity fair interview, May 2009)