I'm Amazed

I'm Amazed is the fourth track on 2008 album Evil Urges.

Lyrics from CD booklet
I'm amazed at a quiet ocean
I'm amazed at your warm devotion
I'm amazed at what the people sayin
I'm amazed by a divided nation

Like the rhythm of the earth I get disrupted

I'm amazed at all that has been
I'm amazed at all that will be
I'm amazed at the tv stations
I'm amazed what they want me to believe

after all is said and done- where is the justice?

I'm amazed- the lack of evolution
I'm amazed- at the lack of faith
I'm amazed - at the love we rejecting
I'm amazed- what we accept in its place

Like the rhythm of the earth
And the rhythm of the ages
Like the rhythm- I get disrupted

Length of album version: 4:33
Written by: Jim James

Studio notes
“For ‘I’m Amazed I used ‘Blacky’ (black ’88 Gibson Les Paul Standard) again, this time into a Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer and a Z.Vex Super Hard-On, out to my Top Hat Ambassador and Matchless DC-30. It took me two takes and two tracks because the intro part and the main section of the song use a different tunings. Later I put on a few ‘swoopy’ sounds using the Slam function on the SIB Mr. Echo and a Savage Rohr amp.”
- Carl Broemel, talking about his gear choice
(EQ Magazine extra, November 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment