Evelyn Is Not Real

Evelyn Is Not Real is the 8th track on 1999 album The Tennessee Fire.

ev-O-lyn i hope this cant be true.
ev-O-lyn, you know my hearts with you.
dont try to tell me there's another boy,
don't try to use me like a lovers toy.
ev-O-lyn you know this cant be true.
from what i found the ground remains with you.
don't try to tell me theres another boy,
don't try and use me like a lovers toy.
"aw take it away johnny!!!"

Length of album version: 3:04
Written by: Jim James

Additional info
In the sleeve to The Tennessee Fire the notes for Evelyn Is Not Real says "It's so sweet, a love with someone so UNREAL."

On a 1996 demo tape the song title is written down as Evelyn Is Not A Real Person.


On the studio version of the song Jim James says, as noted above, "Take it away Johnny", on the Bonnaroo 2006 version of the song he instead says "Do it Carl" and on the KFC Yum Show 2010 version of the song James yells "Give 'em hell Carl".